Four Professors from Ekiti State University (EKSU), are among twelve members of the committee on the Ekiti State Integrated Science and Technology Education Transformation Framework and Road -map
inaugurated by Governor Kayode Fayemi on Tuesday, 6th May, 2014.
They are: Professor Samuel Oye Bandele, Professor Gbenga Aribisala, Professor Felix Aderibigbe and Professor (Mrs.) Ibiyinka Ogunlade.
The Terms of Reference of the Committee, according to the Governor are as follows:
– Evaluate and analyse the current state and strategic objective of
science and technology education at primary, secondary and tertiary
levels in the state.
– Evaluate and analyse the current state of the application of the
outcomes of science and technology education
– Study the strategic objectives and goals of the Ekiti knowledge zone
– Study other initiatives and programmes in the state on science
technology ICT and technical vocation.
– Study nations and sub-nations that have successfully leveraged
science and technology for societal transformation and development
– Define the desired outcomes of science, technology and practical
application in society over the next 10 years.
– Review the institutional framework for science and technology
training and education at the tertiary level of Ekiti State.
– Develop a comprehensive, integrated strategic framework and target
based action plan and road map.
– Develop a communication plan that will create focus on and transform
the mindset of citizens towards science and technology
– Make Ekiti the go-to hub for science and technology based skills and services.
Governor Fayemi described members of the Committee as some of the finest brains in the fields of science and technology, cutting across the academia and industry. The Chairperson of the committee is the Deputy Governor of Ekiti State, Her Excellency, Prof. Dupe Adelabu.
The Committee include: the Commissioner for Trade Investment and Innovations, Mr. Debo Ajayi; Commissioner for Environment, Dr. Eniola Ajayi and Commissioner for Education, Mr. Kehinde Ojo.
Distinguished personalities at the occasion included the Vice-Chancellor of EKSU, Professor. Patrick Oladipo Aina and many government functionaries.