E-MAIL: ——————————email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
GSM NO.: ————————— 0703 857 8786
ACADEMIC RANK: —————— Assistant Lecturer
CURRENT POSITION: —————-Assistant Lecturer
RESEARCH INTEREST: ————– Methods of Teaching Social Studies
a. NCE (Economics/Social Studies)———-1994
b. B.Ed. Social Studies ——1999
c. M.Ed. Social Studies ——2008
d. Ph.D. Social Studies ——In View
Contemporary Issues in Social Studies
i. Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti ————————– 2011 Till Date
ii. University of Ado-Ekiti ————————— 2004—2008
iii. Ondo State University, Ado-Ekiti ————– – 1995—1999
iv. Ondo State College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti – 1991—1994
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
i. Social Studies Association of Nigeria (SOSAN)
ii. Reading Association of Nigeria (RAN)
i. Best graduating in the School of Arts & Social Science; Ondo State College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti; 1994.
i. SSE 113: Introduction to Social Studies Education and Nation Building
ii. SSE 123: Introduction to Nigeria Cultural Environment
iii. SSE 108: Socio-Cultural & Political Difference in Nigeria
iv. SSE 306: Economic Structure
v. SSE 402: Forms of Government
vi. SSE 405: Regional Planning in Nigeria
vii. SSE 410: Colonialism and Neo-Colonialism
i. An assessment of values and sexual morality among adolescents in southwest Nigeria universities.
ii. Perception and knowledge of secondary school teachers and students on sexuality education in Social Studies curriculum in Ekiti State. An unpublished M.Ed. thesis, University of Ado- Ekiti, Nigeria.
iii. A comparative study of the relationship between leadership styles and teachers’ job performance in private and public secondary schools in Ado-Ekiti. An unpublished B.Ed. project, Ondo State University, Ado- Ekiti.
i. Articles in Conference Proceedings:
i. Alonge, R. A. & Okunade, H. F. (2012). Gender and residential differences in academic performance of Social Studies students of Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti. SOSAN. 26th—29th November; held at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
ii. Articles That Have Already Appeared In Learned Journals:
1. Oluwagbohunmi, M. F. & Alonge, R. A. (2011). Secondary school teachers’ and students’ perception and knowledhe of sexuality education in Social Studies. Research in Curriculum Studies. 6(1): 134—141. Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti.
2. Oluwagbohunmi, M. F. & Alonge, R. A. (2013). Secondary school students’ perspectives on sexuality education in Ekiti State, Nigeria. Asian Academic Research Journal of Social Science and Humanities. 1(15): 309—319.
3. Alonge, R. A. & Okunade, H. F. (2013). Gender and residential differences in academic performance of Social Studies students of Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti. Nigerian Journal of Social Studies (SOSAN). XVI(2): 265—275.
4. Alonge, R. A. (2014). Home background and social value system as predictors for youths’ involvement in social vices in Ekiti State, Nigeria. Journal of Education and Practice. 5(18): 19—22. USA.
5. Alonge, R. A. & Okunade, H. F. (2014). Sexuality education and Social Studies: Perspective, challenges and prospects in Nigeria. International Journal of Advanced Research. 2(4): 984—989.
6. Alonge, R. A. & Okunade, H. F. (2014). Ethnic conflict and sustainable development in Nigeria: The role of peace education. International Journal of Education and Literary Studies. 2(3): 22—25. Australia.
7. Adegun, O. A.; Alonge, R. A. & Okunade, H. F. (2015). The environment of crises in the Nigerian educational system. Research in Curriculum Studies.
i. National Conference of Social Studies Association of Nigeria (SOSAN); Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. 26th—29th November, 2012.
ii. Reading Association of Nigeria Capacity Building Workshop, held at the Ekiti State Universal Basic Education Hall, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State; 28th—30th May, 2014.
iii. One-Day Capacity Building Workshop on Advanced Research and Methods of Writing Proposals for Attracting Grants; Faculty of Education, Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti. 12th August, 2015.
iv. A Two-Day Training and Learning on E-Teaching Platform by Spectrum Engineering Ltd.; Directorate of ICT, Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti. 26th—27th October, 2015.