The Directorate started off as a small Computer Centre equipped with a couple of IBM clones in 1984.Initially housed in the Department of Mathematical Sciences, from 1984 through 1990, the Centre grew steadily in both infrastructure and staff, ultimately becoming autonomous in 1990. The Centre gained the status of a Directorate in 2013 and now boasts astaff strength of over twenty qualified ICT professionals working harmoniously to attain the lofty ICT ideals of the University.
The Directorate of ICT is poised to aid Ekiti State University in achieving her strategic goals by aligning Information Technology strategies with the wider strategic mission of the University, delivering excellent technological services to support the University’s core educational, administration and research operations.
The Directorate has a vision to:
- drive the university towards being a foremost university not only in Nigeria but globally.
- position the university as a leader in Information Technology and the deployment of innovative technical services
- provide effective IT services that will improve the knowledge acquisition process via teaching, learning and research
Defining IT policies: The Directorate in conjunction with relevant university bodies will continue to identify and define IT policies that improves IT experience for users in the university
Communication: Enable seamless collaboration across various units of the university and promote free flow of information through organizational levels
Support: Provide excellent and prompt support for IT services and installations ensuring rapid resolution of issues and maintaining efficiency of existing IT infrastructure
Maximum resources utilization: maximize distribution of available resources (funds, technology and personnel) to achieve the mission and vision of the Directorate.
GENERAL INFORMATION ON FRAMEWORK AND SERVICES
The Directorate of ICT is headed by the Director of ICT, who oversees both administrative and technical functions of the Directorate. He reports to the Vice Chancellor.
The Directorate of ICT comprises three units, each headed by suitably qualified officers in the Directorate. The units are listed below with their functions.
(1) Network Support and Maintenance (NSM) unit
- Provide operational support and management of a campus wide network.
- Undertake installation and monitoring of all network equipment
- Evaluate existing configurations and oversee the management of such systems and designs for future expansion .
(2) Management Information Support (MIS) unit
- Provide management with relevant statistics and information critical to successful management of the University system by maintaining relevant databases.
- Support management decision making through deployment of efficient Decision Support Systems
- Assist in integration of students’ academic and management records into the ICT automation plan and policy.
- Manage and maintain the University Website and Portal.
- Develop and deploy in-house software packages as may be necessary to aid management in the efficient performance of administrative functions.
(3) Training and User Support (TUS) unit
- To assist in capacity building and personnel development through in-house training programmes for university staff
- Manage the cyber cafes established by the Directorate
- Provide operational support for students and members of staff of the University.
The Directorate has a Management Committee headed by the Director. Other members of the Management Committee include:
(i) The Deputy Director
(ii) Head of Network Support and Maintenance Unit
(iii) Head of Management Information Support Unit
(iv) Head of Training and User Support UnitMore
|Falemu E. K.||HND (Elect. Computer), PGDCS, M.Tech , MNCS, MCPN||Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Ogunlusi M. K.||B.Sc. Ed (Computer Science) MNCS, MCPN||Assistant Chief Operations Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Olatunji O. A.||B.Sc. Ed (Computer Science) MNCS, MCPN||Operations Manageremail@example.com|
|Ogunleye T. T.||B.Sc. (Computer Science) MCP, MCSA, MCPN, CITP, MNCS||Principal Network Administratorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Eweje Ayodeji||B.Eng (Elect/Elect)||Network Administrator I||
|Anuyah Ejiro||B.Eng (Mech. Eng.)Web Developer/Application Developer||Programmer I/Webmasteremail@example.com|
|Aroge T. K.||B. Tech (Computer Science)||Technologist IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tenibiaje M.O.||B. Sc (Computer Science)
M.Sc(Computer Systems Engineering)
|Ajileye F.O.||B. Sc (Computer Science) RHCSA, CEH,ITIL, ITSM||Network Administrator IIemail@example.com|
|Osesusi S.R||B. Sc (Computer Science)
|Network Administrator IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Imohi E.||B. Sc (Computer Science)
|Davies Noel||B. Eng. (Elect Elect)||Principal Technologistemail@example.com|
|Famodimu C.O||HND Sec. Admin,Diploma (Comp. Sci.)||Principal Personal Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Babayemi F. O.||B.Sc (Accounting), Cert. in Data Processing, 35&50 WPM||Higher Data Processing Officer|
|Afolarin S. O.||Diploma (Computer Science)||Higher Data Processing Officeremail@example.com|
|Aladejana A. O.||Diploma (Computer Science), HND (BFN), PGD (Financial Management)||Higher Data Processing Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Amodun J. O.||ND (Computer Tech.), B.Sc.Ed (Computer Science)||Computer Technicianemail@example.com|
|Usman E. A.||NTC, B.Sc.Ed||Computer Technicianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Idowu J. A.||ND (Computer Tech.)||Computer Technicianemail@example.com|
|Ojo Y.||B.Sc.Ed. (Agric)||Clerical Officer I|