The EKSU Entrepreneurship Centre is established primarily to provide Entrepreneurship training, education and research in the University. It designed to run entrepreneurship programme as all-semester courses and compulsory for all students of the University irrespective of the chosen field of Study. All students are expected to participate in both theoretical and practical aspects of the programme.
The operations of the programme are housed in the Entrepreneurship Centre (EKSU-ESC).
The EKSU-ESC Vision is to empower student with entrepreneurial ability and capacity in a bid to make them productive and contribute significantly toward sustainable national socio-economic and human development.
The mission is to inculcate entrepreneurial spirit, skills and knowledge in the University graduates and interested participants with a view to empowering them to become wealth-creators and self-sustained.
Objectives of the Centre
The establishment of the Entrepreneurship Centre is in line with the directive of the Federal Government that entrepreneurship education be inculcated in the curriculum of all Nigeria Universities for all students irrespective of their courses of study. This will also help to actualize the philosophy, vision and goal of Ekiti State University.
The specific objectives of the EKSU-ESC are to:
1. Providing opportunities for entrepreneurial education in the University.
2. Imparting entrepreneurial skills in students, staffs, and members of the external Community.
3. Creating and promoting entrepreneurial awareness and opportunities within and outside the University environment
4. Enhancing the capacity potential and practicing entrepreneurs who desire to learn practical entrepreneurial skills;
5. Providing supportive programmes to SME operators in the community as well as mentoring their activities.
6. Making employers of labour in the EKSU graduates, thereby reducing the level of unemployment in the country.
7. Contributing to and enhancing the development and growth of entrepreneurship in the country