The Faculty of Management Sciences use to be a part of the erstwhile Faculty of Social and Management Science until 1st August, 2000 when it was carved out to become an autonomous Faculty. Since its establishment, the Faculty have been able to live up to expectations as a full-fledged Faculty and now has its own Faculty building.
The Faculty currently has three Departments, viz:
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Banking and Finance
- Department of Business Administration
The mission of the Faculty is to train high caliber business executives, leaders and trainers with the required analytical and managerial skills. The products of the trainer will be capable of facing the challenges of middle and top management positions and contribute substantially to the rapid growth and the development of the Nigeria and world economy. The training is to be carried out through teaching, research and examination.
- To make students become aware of the vital roles business organization play in national development
- To equip students with thorough knowledge and understanding of the responsibilities typically exercised within the business function.
- To produce high caliber graduates capable of taking up responsible positions in financial institutions, business organizations, academic and other sectors of the economy.
- To equip graduate with the required skills necessary for meeting the challenges of middle and top management positions in all sectors of the economy.
The University management has set all necessary machinery to commence the new Faculty Building. Also, the Faculty had commenced Master Degree Programmes in Banking and Finance and Business Administration.